Billie Eilish to sing next Bond theme

Billie Eilish has confirmed to fans that she will be singing the theme for the latest James Bond film, No Time to Die.

via Twitter

The 18 year old, who last year became the youngest ever female solo act to top the UK charts, shared a gallery of famous ‘Bond girls’ on her Instagram story earlier today before making an official announcement on Twitter. The gallery included the characters played by Daniela Bianchi in From Russia With Love (1963), Halle Berry in Die Another Day (2002) and Léa Seydoux in Spectre (2015).

Speculation immediately grew following the Instagram story. A fan account for the singer on Twitter wrote that “If Billie Eilish posting these to her insta[gram] story isn’t proof that the James Bond theme song rumors are true, I don’t know what is.” 

Eilish becomes the fifth different theme song producer of the Daniel Craig era of Bond films, following Chris Cornell, Alicia Keys, Jack White, Adele and Sam Smith. The 007 Instagram account stated that Eilish has co-written the song with her brother Finneas O’Connell, who also works with Eilish on her albums. British star Stormzy was among the first to congragulate Eilish on the news.

Nicole Dove – © 2019 DANJAQ

No Time to Die reunites Craig with Knives Out co-star Ana de Armas. Other cast members include Seydoux, Rami Malek and Captain Marvel’s Lashana Lynch. Also lending his musical abilities to the film is Hans Zimmer, who replaced Dan Romer as the film’s music composer earlier this month. Cary Joji Fukunaga is set to direct.

No Time to Die is out in UK cinemas 2nd April 2020.

rapper”>
James Hanton

James is a contributor to Outtake, Starburst Magazine and The Wee Review. He is also the former Editor-in-Chief of The Student, the oldest student newspaper in the UK. A recent graduate from the University of Edinburgh, James is looking for paid writing gigs so he doesn't fall into the endless abyss of graduate unemployment. He can be contacted at: jhantonwriter@gmail.com